Translate

Monday, August 24, 2009

Away too long

I've been away from this blog for too long, hope to do better now :)
What can I say, life seems to take over now and again and leave me far too busy to do the things I like doing, but that's life right!
A little update on my life since my last posts:
Today took my mom to the doctor, she's been having pain and they want her to see a cancer doctor due to her mastecotomy where the pain is and her limp nodes seemed a bit swollen, God I hope it's not more cancer, after all she's been though with her health and loosing my dad to cancer last Nov, this is not how I want things to go for her.
She just said "If it's cancer, just shoot me!" lol, not going to happen and I'm keeping positive thoughts for her.
Positive notes in my life are that I was able to spend a few days in Waldport while my son and daughter in law were there for 4 days in a vacation house on their vacation. They also brought my granddaughter with them so it was a great visit with some of my family. They also followed me back home and spent a few hours with visiting my mom and enjoying the beaches here in Coos Bay. Not a long enough visit, but it was great to have the time we had together.
My youngest son flew to Seattle and met up with his Dad and stepmom and stepsisters and spent 6 days on a sailboat cruse around the San Juan Islands. He seemed to have had a great time. A trip I can only dream about, but I'm so glad he was able to go and see things that will sure keep in his memories for a lifetime. Of course there's the Alaska cruise next summer that will surely top this trip for him. One more year of school and he will be out on his own, which is mixed feelings for me. So used to have children around but they all have to spread their wings and fly from the nest sometime.
I'm trying to find more time to work on my Zazzle store, hoping to add more items soon and start on some holiday projects. I enjoy my art and photography so much, just wish the old body would allow me to spend more time sitting at the computer.
The weather has sucked here on the coast this summer, I don't believe I've ever seen such a lousy summer in the nearly 10 years I've lived here. Of course everyone inland has complained of the heat, and I'm sure I would too if I were living where it's over 90 degrees almost every day for a month or more. I do love the coast though and I guess that's why I put up with it lol
Ok enough rambling, better figure out what's for dinner now and maybe later I can post more.

Good Days and Happy Blogging
Rene M.

No comments: