Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This is a bittersweet Father's Day for me, my first one without my dad. Sadly he passed away last November on Thanksgiving. His presence is missed by many and is in our hearts and minds so much.
I couldn't have asked for better dad than him, he was someone I looked up to, admired and loved so much, I only wish I could have had him on this earth longer. I know he's out of pain now and that's a great comfort to me, but I still miss him dearly.
He was a father, a husband and good friend to so many people. He didn't get the chance to finish school and was brought up in a large family that had little, but he worked hard all his life and made a nice home for my mother, brother and I. Worked two jobs just to buy a bigger house after my brother was born and never complained. He was of that old school where he wanted my mother to be home with us kids and let him take the burden of providing for us. He was a good man, an honest man and most rare in these days, a faithful husband who loved his wife with all his heart.
My mom and him were to celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary just a week after his death, but those 54 years were something special and wonderful to them both.
Dad, we miss you so, rest in peace

From Desktop


My dad after his last hair cut, mom and I were both sad to see his "curl" gone but he still looked as handsome as ever!

From Desktop


My Mom and Dad taken when I was just over 2 years old, both they were such a nice looking couple :)

From Desktop


Their wedding day back in 1954!

No comments: